Transizione UK - Domande frequenti

Domande e risposte sul trasporto merci via traghetto ed Eurotunnel tra Gran Bretagna e UE dal gennaio 2021.

I pass portuali (conosciuti come GVMS GMR in Gran Bretagna, PBN in Irlanda, SiBrexit in Francia) sono creati con i codici MRN di importazione, senza i quali non è possibile generarli. Senza un pass portuale emesso dall'autorità incaricata non è permesso l'accesso al porto.

Conosciuto anche come preregistrazione o sistema logistico integrato, il pass portuale è stato introdotto nel Regno Unito e nell'UE per svolgere due compiti:

  • Assicurarsi che TUTTE le procedure doganali siano state completate PRIMA dell'arrivo al porto del veicolo
  • Agire come strumento per aggiornare alcune strutture e procedure doganali come l'ufficio di passaggio, che informa le autorità doganali del fatto che le merci hanno lasciato un territorio doganale per entrare in un altro.

Possiamo aiutarti con il NUOVO Generatore di pass portuali.


Ogni giurisdizione ha un sistema diverso di pass portuale con il quale avere a che fare:

  • FRANCIA - SI Brexit (esempio per l'export: "Exxxxxx")
  • SPAGNA - Teleport II*
  • BELGIO - RX Seaport
  • PAESI BASSI - Portbase
  • REPUBBLICA DI IRLANDA - PBN (esempio per l'export: "xxxxxxxx")

Insieme alle necessarie dichiarazioni di sicurezza ENS, tutti i codici individuali di import/export MRN sono inseriti nei sistemi dei pass portuali di GB e UE. Se le dichiarazioni sono inviate correttamente, la compilazione sarà accettata e validata.


Al momento dell'accettazione sarà creato un singolo codice di riferimento dal sistema preposto (come il GVMS in GB e il PBN nella Repubblica di Irlanda). Se viene inserito un codice MRN non valido, la domanda viene rifiutata e l'autotrasportatore deve contattare il cliente.

Questi codici di riferimento sono poi trasmessi all'operatore marittimo per completare l'ultimo controllo e verificare che le dichiarazioni siano state compilate correttamente.

port pass diagram

I codici SSD sono un metodo per valutare il potenziale rischio di merci in via di importazione o esportazione. Le merci importate devono essere corredate di un ENS (dichiarazione sommaria di entrata); queste informazioni sono trasmesse all'ICS (sistema di controllo delle importazioni) di competenza.

La dichiarazione S&SGB ENS sarà obbligatoria dal 1° gennaio 2022 al momento dell'ingresso in Gran Bretagna da paesi UE.

An ENS (Entry Summary Declaration) is used to assess and monitor the risk that goods may carry when they are crossing over into the border of a different customs territory. Making sure that these goods are monitored is crucial and you will not be able to conduct trade without a complete declaration.

Operation Brock is the traffic management scheme to safely direct Heavy Goods Vehicles (HGVs) to both the Channel Tunnel (Folkestone) or the Port of Dover in the event there are severe delays in cross-channel travel.

Since April 2015, new traffic restrictions have been in place to help Dover’s residents go about their business without disruption from traffic using the Port, and to improve air quality in the town. This scheme is known as Dover TAP.

This means:

  • A 40mph speed restriction which applies to all vehicles approaching Dover from the west via the A20. This operates all day, every day.
  • Lorry drivers heading for the Port should remain in the left lane of the A20, from the Roundhill Tunnel all the way to the Port. At peak times, lorries queuing in the left lane will be held by traffic lights at the entry to Dover until space at the Port becomes available. In addition, lay-bys in the area will be closed, as will the coast-bound on-slip at the Courtwood junction on occasion.

You may need to renew your British passport earlier if you’re travelling from 1 January 2021.

On the day you travel, you’ll need your passport to both:

  • have at least 6 months left
  • be less than 10 years old (even if it has 6 months or more left)

If you do not renew your passport, you may not be able to travel to most EU countries and Iceland, Liechtenstein, Norway and Switzerland.

You can check whether your passport is valid for the country you’re visiting.

These rules do not apply to travel to Ireland. You can continue to use your passport as long as it’s valid for the length of your stay.

Take a look at our Customs Glossary for explanations of the common customs acronyms and terms.

You may still need to fill out SSDs (ENS/EXS), port passes and import/export declarations when transporting an empty vehicle from 1st January 2021. Read our guide

The Smart Freight System will compliment Operation Brock and they will work together to help the continual smooth flow of traffic through the system. The Smart Freight System is an automated service for RO-RO traffic, which will allow the driver to declare that they have all of the correct documentation digitally via a web-based portal. The Smart Freight App will allow enforcement officials to check vehicle registration and view the self-declaration form.

Read more

Download our customs process guides for basic and transit customs declarations, and haulier responsibilities including Safety & Security Declarations, port passes (GMR, PBN etc) and Kent Access Permits. Read more

If you are temporarily taking goods out of the UK, then you need to have an ATA Carnet.

Sometimes referred to as a 'passport for goods', an ATA Carnet is an international document that allows the temporary export and import of non-perishable goods for up to one year. This includes things such as tools of the trade, exhibition equipment and commercial samples.

Read more

Yes, the UK Customs Authorities have implented a different EORI number for NI declarations, starting with “XI” rather than “GB”. Read more

As an exporter, you need to make sure shipping and delivery responsibilities are written down and clearly understood. This is important as you only pay duty on the value of the goods and not the transportation, insurance etc. Read more

Yes, our customs partner CustomsLink has created one. Read more

From the 1st January 2021, you may be required to carry an import / export licence or certificate in order to transport particular goods between the UK and the EU. Read more

An IMO (International Maritime Organisation) number is a unique identifier that is given to all ships when they are constructed. When you complete your ENS you need to provide the IMO number of the vessel that you will be travelling upon. It is imperative that the IMO number that is submitted on the ENS matches that of the ship that you will be travelling on. Failure to submit a correct declaration will slow down your journey and prevent you from travelling until all of the documentation is completed correctly.

UPDATE 20/04/2021

"The following services closed on 20 April 2021:

  • Apply for a Kent Access Permit (KAP)
  • Check an HGV is ready to cross the border

You do not need a KAP to enter Kent."

To travel through Kent to the port of Dover and Folkestone terminal, HGV drivers (in vehicles over 7.5 tonnes) will be required to hold a Kent Access Permit (KAP) from January 2021. This permit will only be obtainable by drivers who have provided all of the correct documentation required for freight movement at the port. This permit will only be accessible for 24 hours.

Read more